Fall 2012 #29: The Chalkies

Huddle up, peeps, you're going to like this.  All afternoon I worked on giving little thirdies a reading test where I listened to them read and then analyze all their miscues.  It takes a long time to do this job.  When I finished with the last kiddo, I had about 8 minutes left of my day.  Checked my phone to see I had a text from a masterful first grade teacher that said, "Come out and see our chalk drawings." I was pretty excited about that idea so I ran out to find a slew of drawings of pumpkins, fall trees, and some cool ghosts. But here's the cool thing peeps.  Next to each drawing, the firsties had written, "SO FALL SO GOOD."

A first grade teacher / blog reader had her kids write our fall blogging challenge slogan all over the place.  Am I filled with alittlegleeway?  Yes, my friends I am. What a joyful fall day. Thanks, Firsties! SO fall, SO, SO good.

Comments

Anonymous said…
So fall, so GREAT to make your blog! :) Thanks for coming out to see the drawings. It always means so much to them (and me!) when you are able to swing by even for just a couple of minutes to check out what we are doing. Enjoy your days away from the View. We'll look forward to seeing you on CA Monday!

MP
LH said…
MP, It really was a treat.
I love the firsties so much.

Thanks, MP!
jdoc said…
I simply love this story.

Popular Posts